- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups of flour
- 6 eggs
- Beat 4 of the eggs.
- Combine the flour, the beaten eggs, and 1/4 cup of water in a bowl and mix until the dough is well combined and elastic. (You may need to add more water or flour.)
- Separate the yokes of the remaining 2 eggs.
- Remove the stems from the baby spinach leaves and discard them.
- Tear the baby spinach into tiny pieces
- Combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, and the egg yokes in another bowl. Mix well.
- Roll out a piece of dough from the first bowl that is just large enough to cover the ravioli press.
- Press in some filling in each cell of the ravioli press.
- Sandwich the filling by adding another layer of dough on top.
- Seal ravioli pieces together and separate them automatically by rolling over the dough with a rolling pin.
- Put ravioli in a pan with simmering water. If the water is boiling, then it will cause the raviolis to come apart.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to get them out, instead of pouring the water out. They easily fall apart when first removed, so care is necessary.
A ravioli maker is required for this recipe.